A few posts ago I looked at other settlements named Newbury around the World. With Thatcham it is a different story, try as I might I cannot find another settlement called Thatcham. If you know of any please do get in touch so I can add to my Thatcham history research. There are similar names, historically speaking. I have found Thatchamozhi and Thatchamozhi, both in India and both appearing in places without the second ‘t’. I doubt there is any connection but is something to look at. This places Thatcham with a unique name. There are however a number of road (estates) with Thatcham in them.
The roads, and one place, named Thatcham are listed below:
The one place named Thatcham are listed below:
- Thatcham, Berkshire, UK
The roads named Thatcham are listed below:
- Thatcham Lane, Craigieburn, Victoria, Australia (under construction in c.2009/10)
- Thatcham Avenue, Quedgeley, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK (under construction in 2007)
- Thatcham Road, Walton Cardiff, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, UK (being built in 1999)
- Thatcham Close, Yeovil, Somerset, UK (under construction 2002)
- Thatcham Court, Yeovil, Somerset, UK (built 1965 – 1977)
- Thatcham Gardens, Yeovil, Somerset, UK (built 1965 – 1977)
- Thatcham Park, Yeovil, Somerset, UK (built 1965 – 1977)
- Thatcham Green, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, UK (built 1938 – 1954)
- Thatcham Close, Calne, Wiltshire, UK (under construction 1999)
- Thatcham Gardens, London, UK (built in the 1960s)
- Thatcham Court, Land O Lakes, Florida, USA (under construction in 2012)
- Thatcham Drive, Champaign, Illinois, USA (built 1998 – 2003)
- Thatcham Lane, Belleville, Michigan, USA
- Thatcham, New Caney, Montgomery County, Texas, USA (under construction in 2012)
- Thatcham Close, Whitemoor, City of Nottingham, East Midlands, UK (build 1991 or after).
And to make it easier, a map of both the place and road names is shown below.
I am still researching many of these and will write up information in a future post. I already know the four Thatcham roads in Yeovil were name so because the developer came from Thatcham, Berkshire. I do not know who the developer was though.
The title of this post is “Is Thatcham unique in the World?” and so far in terms of settlements named Thatcham, as mentioned at the start I am yet to find another so yes.